Tracey Heldenmuth OT
Tracey joins ITP as our onsite Occupational Therapist. With almost 30 years of experience and a Masters of Occupational Therapy, Tracey brings a solid foundation to her clients and their needs. Tracey is well versed and able to treat the following and more:
- Fractures of upper extremity, bones of the upper arm, forearm, wrist and fingers, including surgical interventions such as ORIF.
- Dislocations and strains of upper extremity.
- Repetitive Strain injuries (RSI), including carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), ulnar nerve syndrome etc.
- Tendonitis of upper extremity such as biceps tendonitis, tennis elbow, golfers elbow.
- Rotator cuff injuries and impingement syndrome, including surgical repairs.
- Various types of arthritis of the upper extremity, including rheumatoid, osteoarthritis, scleroderma, and psoriatic arthritis.
- Traumatic injuries of the upper extremity including crush, tendon lacerations etc…
- Work related injuries of the upper extremity, including Functional Capacity Examinations (FCE)
- Auto Accident injuries of the upper extremity.
- Neurological impairments and in-coordination of upper extremity after stroke, TIA, MS, Parkinson's, and more.
- Child related orthopedic injuries such as fractures, sprains and more.
The goal of therapy is to address individual needs and goals, decrease pain, diminish deficits due to condition, promote healing and return individual to an optimal functional status at work, rest and play. Treatments may include combinations of techniques:
- Manual therapy techniques including massage, edema massage, joint mobilization
- Modalities of heat, ice, paraffin, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, contrast bath
- Therapeutic exercises for improving range of motion (ROM), and strength of upper extremity.
- Fabrication of customs splints for hand and fingers .
- Work related programs for retraining after upper extremity injuries, lifting, pulling, carrying
- Home Exercise Programs